Our #1 goal at Kaelin Pediatric Dentistry has always been the health and safety of our patients and staff. In the coming weeks our office may look a little different because our aim is to minimize time and aerosol in our office for you, your child, and for our team’s exposure. We will be rescheduling or adjusting each day’s appointments as needed, and are putting into place the following precautions in our office.
Prior to Appointment:
- We are going digital and all forms will be emailed instead of using paper. Parents will be able to fill out new patient forms online rather than in the reception area.
- We will be utilizing virtual appointments via teledentistry! This includes pre-screening our patients with either a teledentisty call or text the night before a scheduled appointment to make sure that our patient is feeling well and also now offer fully off-site appointments with Dr. Kaelin when possible.
- All patients are asked to text or call when they arrive at the office and wait in the car until the office signals that it’s OK to come in via text or by walking the patient into the office.
- All patients and families requested to please wear a mask in our office – we will provide a mask to parents that aren’t wearing one.
- All patients and family members will be screened before entering the office with a questionnaire.
- Temperatures will be taken before entering the office with a non-contact thermometer. Hand sanitizer and Kleenex will be available and all will be asked to use as needed.
During and After the Appointment:
- We ask the child to come back by themselves or with one parent and request that siblings please stay in the car.
- Parents will no longer need to sign a receipt when paying with a credit card.
- Patients will have a choice of prepackaged toys that will be provided in a sanitary manner.
- Parents will be sent billing statements via text to limit paper exposure.
Our Staff Precautions Will Be:
- All of our staff will be taking their own temperature twice daily to ensure a healthy environment and will be asked to remain at home if not feeling well.
- Appointments will be staggered to keep our reception area as empty as possible as well as to allow proper sanitization between patients.
- We have ordered new furniture! We have moved our wicker furniture, pillows, bean bags, checker games, beach umbrella chairs, toys, crayons, Xbox remotes, magazines, and other commonly touched items from the office. We are also spacing chairs 6 feet apart to maintain social distancing.
- Every patient chair, light, doorknobs, cabinets, and counters will be disinfected between visitors.
- All clinical staff will wear recommended PPE which includes N95, K-95, and level 3 masks, face shield, gloves, gowns, and hair coverings.
- We will try to do minimalistic dentistry as much as possible.
- We will be offering a management plan for patients who are experiencing financial hardship due to job loss and don’t have insurance, or who are using cash as a payment method.
- We have now invested in medical-grade aerosol terminators in the office that purify and remove aerosols, including viral particles.